Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Bias Log

Source One:

  • Flanagan's bias counters my own personal bias. This is apparent in the idea that he is a man and I am a woman. Therefore, we are both prone to finding our gender to be the most efficient decision-makers.
  • Flanagan's bias causes me to rather reconsider my own bias in the idea that his is a direct opposition to mine. As my original bias favors women, he causes me to take into consideration the aspect of males. Although, his arguments made within the article could cause me to expand my position as he justifies the woman's natural regard for the welfare of human beings.
  • This source raises the question as to why men have a stronger regard for business-like situations. There is no defense for this standing point opposed to the reasoning for women's decisions being their maternalistic nature.

Source Two:

  • Eleanor Roosevelt's bias supports my own in the aspect we are both women and are both provided the tendency to name ourselves superior.
  • This source expands my bias as its main focus is women and their natural instinct incorporated in their decisions. This rather acts as a platform for my bias.
  • This source raises the question as to why the male paternalistic instinct is less apparent and more rare than the female maternalistic instinct.

Source Three:

  • Ling-Ling's bias counters my own personal bias. As a woman, I have the tendency to announce women as superior. Ling-Ling rather favors the male group in his comparisons.
  • This source causes me to reconsider my bias. Ling-Ling provides me with legitimate statements of the males having the upperhand in decision-making compared to the women. I am required to put further thought into the differences of men and women.
  • This source raises the question, "What causes men to have a natural higher degree of confidence opposed to women? Is it related to long-enduring social order of the genders?"

Source Four:

  • This article supports my own personal bias in its focus on women. As a woman, I tend to consider my own gender's factors opposed to equally focusing on both the male and female perspective.
  • This source expands my bias in the aspect that after reading this, I am rather more concerned with the issues of women.
  • This source raises the question, "How do men react in financial decisions?"

Source Five:

  • This source supports my own personal bias as it also concentrates more on the female perspective opposed to men.
  • This source expands my bias as it drags my concentration further into the issues of women. It causes me to even further ignore the male aspect.
  • This source raises the question, "Do men qualify to have say in the decisions addressed as solely a woman's responsibility?"

No comments:

Post a Comment